Senior Rust Developer
OneSignal - https://onesignal.com/
Mountain View, California
Posted 10 months ago
OneSignal is a fast growing company providing Push Notifications to tens of thousands of developers and companies. In the past year alone, our user base and push deliveries have grown by over 10x, and our growth rate is only increasing.
We're looking for an experienced Rust developer to help us scale from hundreds of millions of notifications sent per day to billions. This will require a deep familiarity with building scalable systems, efficient utilization of high-end hardware and the creation of new tools and techniques.
Although this is primarily a Rust job, working with Ruby will not be uncommon. Shipping a Rust feature will sometimes require an update to our Rails app.
Your responsibilities will include
- Writing Rust and Ruby code
- Adding features to and improving our push delivery service (Rust)
- Identifying bottlenecks in Ruby code and resolving with native Rust extensions
- Open source contributions - we’ve contributed patches to several crates and released one of our own. We aspire to do more of this as time progresses.
- Helping to provision and manage a small cluster of powerful servers.
- Experience writing code in Rust or other systems languages.
- Familiar with Redis and PostgreSQL and tuning/monitoring thereof
- Proficiency with Linux system administration
- Experience provisioning and managing servers with Ansible
- Experience maintaining PostgreSQL cluster
- Experience with Ruby on Rails
What you get
- Competitive salary, generous equity, Health & Dental, flexible office hours, daily meals and snacks paid for by the company.
- The opportunity to be on the founding team of a fast growing business backed by top investors including YC, SV Angel, Rakuten (Pinterest, Lyft), and Justin Kan.
- To work on a product that’s used and loved by tens of thousands of developers, including startups as well as some of the largest technology companies in the world.
$110K – $150K
How to apply
Remember to mention that you found the job on RustJobs.How to apply