Open Source Rust Engineer
Buoyant - https://buoyant.io
Posted 6 months ago
We're a small VC-backed startup in San Francisco that builds open source infrastructure software, and we've recently kicked off a major investment in Rust. We are well-funded, engineering-focused, and fast moving. If you're interested in building open source software in Rust and Scala while working directly with our CTO on a mission-critical project, this job might be for you you!
We're open to both junior and senior engineers. (Junior folks, we will mentor and help you--please don't hold back!) You will write code in Rust, Scala and (gasp!) Go. You must have the ability to give and receive constructive feedback and function as part of a team of low-ego, collaborative, results-focused senior engineers. We have a strong culture of code review, collaboration, and helping each other out. We value a diverse and inclusive workplace. Come help us build a company we can be proud of!
SF local preferred; remote sometimes ok.
Profile / Responsibilities
You are a great systems engineer
- You can build low-latency, high-throughput network servers.
- You know, or are willing to learn, Scala and Rust.
- You can build and optimize systems for both constrained virtualized environments as well as bare metal.
- You have a strong command of Linux systems, networking, and debugging tools, such as perf, ss, and strace.
- You are enthusiastic about Linkerd, Kubernetes, DC/OS, gRPC, Zipkin, Docker, and Prometheus.
You can work as part of a team
- You are low-ego, collaborative, and results-oriented.
- You can give and receive constructive feedback.
- You can learn from and mentor teammates.
- You can work closely with users to understand their pain points.
You are awesome
- You value an inclusive and diverse workplace.
- You use and love open source software.
- You are passionate, empathetic, and kind.
- You have a portfolio of personal projects, github repo, or technology blog.
We’re not just building a product, we’re building a company that we can be proud of. Come join us to build the next generation of infrastructure software at a company that values both people and technology.
How to apply
Remember to mention that you found the job on RustJobs.How to apply