Rust Software Engineer
Resin - https://resin.io/
Posted 4 years ago
Resin.io provides a software platform that helps developers build, deploy and manage the code that runs on connected devices. In short, we make IoT work.
Our technology is open, standards-based and proven in production across a wide range of scenarios from drones, 3D printers, point-of-sale devices, tidal turbines, skyscrapers and more. Our investors include DFJ, Aspect Ventures, GE, and Ericsson.
Resin is a highly distributed, remote-friendly company. We rely on clear communication and the rule of “assume positive intent” to help us work together across time zones, cultures and first languages. We are looking for people who want to bring us even more diversity, and strongly encourage applications from people underrepresented in tech.
About the role
We’re looking for someone who would enjoy these challenges:
- Helping to define and implement the Supervisor's future architecture and features, bringing in Rust to improve reliability and performance.
- Working with teams supporting other resin products and features to ensure compatibility between the Supervisor, our cloud services, and resinOS.
- Drive Rust adoption inside resin.io.
- Working directly with users to unearth bugs, refine features and make informed architecture decisions.
- Experience with Linux.
- Experience using Docker, including a firsthand knowledge of images, containers, and Dockerfiles.
- Understand security best practices and strive to apply them in your work.
- Can’t imagine starting a new project without version control.
- Highly motivated to do good work and are driven to write good code.
- An excellent written communicator, fluent in English.
- Can effectively communicate with people from disparate backgrounds.
- Comfortable taking a project from idea all the way to production environment.
- Have a dependable internet access available so you can join a video call without trouble.
- Experience with embedded Linux, anything ranging from personal projects with a Raspberry Pi to commercial or industrial scenarios with custom devices.
- Knowledge of Docker internals like namespaces, cgroups and layers.
- Work with talented, diverse team
- Equipment of your choice
- Flexible working hours
- Flexible vacation policy
- Annual company gathering in an international location
Who we are
Our team is highly distributed and we embrace a remote-first culture with flexible hours. This means that team members can be highly productive while still maintaining a healthy work-life balance.
We are also an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We maintain a work environment in which team members are treated with respect at all times and in which thoughts and ideas can be shared openly.
We actively seek out candidates with different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. As you read the job description and you’re not sure if this is the role for you, please ask us.
How to apply
Remember to mention that you found the job on RustJobs.How to apply