Senior Rust Developer
ETCDEV Team - https://www.etcdevteam.com
Posted 3 months ago
About our team
Ethereum Classic is an independent community driven blockchain continued after EF (a foundation originally started Ethereum blockchain) moved to a separate fork by introducing censoring transactions into their blockchain. Ethereum Classic community opposed that fork and kept original chain, because it believes in Blockchain Immutability and Code Is Law principles of blockchain.
How We Work
- Remote Teamwork: ETC has a community based worldwide, and collaboration - with these international members is crucial
- Communicating Tools: The global team collaborates over a public slack channel and all documentation and code is shared on dedicated Github pages
- Communication with Wider Community: We keep in touch with the global community, outside the core dev, who are working hard to further the cause of open, neutral and immutable blockchain tech. This includes marketers, economists, developers and financial services professionals
- Consistent Building and Testing: ETC focus is not to “move fast and break things”. ETC is focused on developing well thought out infrastructure that has security and stability at its foundation, as we are aiming to build the future of the internet
What we're doing
ETCDEV team started a new project called Sputnik VM, which is a new EVM for Ethereum and Ethereum Classic. This project is developed as a standalone component, which can be embedded into other apps, or as an app for development needs and debugging of Ethereum contracts. This project has no ties to any of existing clients, such as Geth or Parity, and can be use absolutely independently. This is a large project, requires deep knowledge of Computer Science, understanding of data structures, optimization techniques and building safe architecture.
Another new project is Emerald Project, which is an SDK for dapp developers. It also has a Rust based backend for connectivity, transactions signatures, etc.
In addition to that, we maintain support of Ethereum Classic in Ethcore Parity client.
What we're looking for
We are looking for a person to work on SputnikVM, Emerald Project and Parity. Who can make architectural decisions, make research, add other features, help community to use it for their projects.
- 7 years of software development experience with computer languages such as C/C++, Java, Python, Go, Haskell or OCaml (at least one)
- Minimum 1 year of Rust programming experience
- Solid understanding of Networking, Databases, Cryptography and Blockchain
- Degree in Computer Science preferred with projects connected to this space
- Familiar with Git and Linux
- Proficient with spoken/written English, excellent communications stills
- Good practices documenting, writing and maintaining clean code
- Track record of Open Source contributions
- Experience of building distributed applications
- Self motivated, can take initiative and feel comfortable both working alone and part of a team
It’s a great chance to show your professionalism, learn something new and take part of the next technology revolution. It’s invaluable experience you’ll want to write about in your blog, speak on a tech conference and tell your fellow colleagues. We give you flexibility and the opportunity to work remotely.
Please send us your full CV, cover letter AND links to Github and StackOverflow accounts.
How to apply
Remember to mention that you found the job on RustJobs.